Re: Truestone and cosmic mountain/world tree

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:19:15 -0800

hw-rules_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> One point I would make is that its possible that different belief
> systems or groups have different knowledge and know of different uses
> for Truestone, depending on their perception of what Truestone is. Do
> all cultures have the same story for the origin of Truestone? I doubt
> it.

I agree with this and would expand upon it. Do all cultures even know what Truestone is?

Many cultures, IMO, don't have truestone and don't know what it is. The Dara Happans have no myths that include the Spike. Neither do any other Pelorian cultures. I can't speak for the Western cultures but I haven't seen anything suggesting that they have the Spike in their myths either. Likewise for the Pentans.

I think that the Spike is a Heortling/Orlanthi/Praxian thing.

Wesley