Re: Truestone and cosmic mountain/world tree

From: hairyorlanthi <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 16:15:35 -0000

  This would make the inside analagous to the
> mortal world. However I've never seen any suggestion that the spike > was the other place that the three otherworlds met....although who
> knows, I'm sure somebody could interpret it that way...

I can't recall exactly where, but I've seen the spike described many times as (paraphrasing) "the nail that holds all of reality together."

It wouldn't do a very good job of that if it ignored such large pieces of reality as the otherworlds.

On another issue--is it just the Orlanthi who say Yelm's throne was atop the Spike? Someone said that Dara Happan myths don't mention the World Mountain.

Mike