Resistance to a "negative" enhancement

From: charlescorrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 09:28:30 -0000

How should an unwilling recipient resist a negative enhancement of, say -2? Obviously they should resist a -1 with the most appropriate ability.

My feeling is that they should resist with their most appropriate ability +5 per additional point. So if the base ability is 2w and the enhancement was -3 then the resistance would be 12w.

This came up in our game last night and as we were pressed for time we had to wing it (and chose to do it differently to my suggestion above). The importance of this question is not only how the exchange whould be resolved but also, as this was the first action of a pair of contestants in an extended contest, the particular skills used set their starting APs for the contest.

I don't think that the additional +5 per point should affect the opponents APs.

Any thoughts?

regards,
Charles