Re: Resistance to a "negative" enhancement

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 13:29:40 -0000

> If it's just a one-on-one, the two alternate actions. Highest to
> lowest AP order only applies in Group Extended Contests (in which
> case it would be first round: all initiators in AP order;
subsequent
> rounds: highest to lowest AP order).

Yeah, on might say "the declarer defines" the the nature of the contest, but ACTION order in the contest is determined by highest AP total. This means that if you guess wrong, and attack an enemies strength, they might have more AP than you and hence go first - the "Fool! you have played into my hands!" moment. A more obvious case would be if you initiate a "chase" against a mounted quarry, the quarry will have more movement AP than you do and hence act first, even though it was your chase declaration that initiated the exchange. There are no turns and no action order before the contest is initiated.