RE: Flaw examples please

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:55:51 -0000

A couple of examples:

In our game, my character Oranda has a "Taste for Human Blood" - I've tended to quietly make a roll against the flaw myself when lots of blood has been shed in the vicinity. If the Flaw "succeeds" then Oranda's unusual culinary tastes have overwhelmed her feeble common sense.

In a (non-Gloranthan) game I'm running, we have a PC with an "Expensive Drug Habit". I roll that for a negative augment whenever Resources become an issue, and whenever else it seems appropriate - such as when the player seems to have forgotten about it. <grin>

In the same game, I've also a "Dropped Out of University" Flaw by letting it enter an extended contest (an academic debate) as a "participant" in its own right and had it lend AP to the character's opponent.

I hope this helps out.

Regards,

Bruce