Re: Re: Flaw examples please

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:33:17 +0000

The Unspoken Word wrote:
> Treat [abilities, falws or not] all as one, I say.

Bruce Ferrie added:
> I agree. As far as I'm concerned, the categories on the character sheet
> (Physical Skills, Mental Skills, Personality Traits, etc.) really just act as
> convenient "boxes" which break the character's abilities up into a series of
> small lists rather than one big unwieldy list.

So thought I. However, Roderick has pointed out that there is an important rules difference between a flaw and a non-flaw ability: flaws cost HP to reduce in rating, whereas non-flaws cost HP to increase in rating. The Narrator must therefore be careful that players do not excessively use flaws to their advantage.