Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:33:21 -0500

Simon Hibbs wrote:

>Deciding whether to trade APs for wounds is a
>rules mechanical decision, distracting from
>the narrative situation.

I found that the simplest solution is to assess a one-point Wound penalty automatically when anyone is hit for each multiple of 10 AP lost. It makes low-level fights grittier, while not hindering the high-level clashing of titans more than perfunctorily. The first few penalties are invariably absorbed by any Augments in place, reducing them eventually to zero. This has the added bonus of making higher-level Augments much more attractive to players.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and