Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:39:30 GMT

Michael Richard Schwartz
> I found that the simplest solution is to assess a one-point Wound penalty
> automatically when anyone is hit for each multiple of 10 AP lost.

So far, fair enough (variation on ye olde Grievous Wound rule -- didn't that make it into the final v.).

> The first few penalties are
> invariably absorbed by any Augments in place, reducing them eventually to
> zero. This has the added bonus of making higher-level Augments much more
> attractive to players.

This I'm not getting. Aside from the fact that they offset in a purely arithmetic manner, why would there be any connection between the two? Why does the knife cut in my side relate to my Bladeshape magic (swordhelp my bum...), and most importantly, why would they have the same 'duration' of effect?