Re: Flaw examples please

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:47:31 -0800

James asked

> Please can anybody mail in an example of a Flaw being used in play?

In one game, a character was Thick (i.e. slow of wit). As I recall, he used this as a defense against any form of debate to get him to change what he wanted to do. It also meant that he sometimes couldn't figure out what other people were trying to do against him.

One character had a Hate Sheep flaw -- pretty serious because he was from the sheep-herding Talastari. Made him difficult to have as a kinsman when we went out adventuring.

Mark

> I don't really like the idea of 'Flaws' myself - what are they other
> than attributes?

Well, yes.

In the Pavis game, my character is related to Dorasor. This is technically a flaw (and his sister keeps after him to keep his mouth shut), but he's used it to impress fellow Orlanthi whom he thought he could trust (in game terms, successfully rolling it in a social situation).

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>