Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:44:27 -0800

Michael suggested

> The mechanic I proposed would merge the existing "optional penalty at 7
> AP loss" and "wound at 15 AP loss", make the penalty automatic like the
> Grevious Wound and tweak the numbers so they are more intuitive for those
> not as math-inclined. Instead of an optional penalty at 7 AP loss and an
> automatic one at 15 AP loss, I propose an automatic penalty at 10 AP loss
> and no optional one (no one uses it). The 10 AP threshold is just easier
> to remember.

Nobody here has ever forgotten the 7. And people use it frequently.

The optional penalty is intended to be a tradeoff. Should I go for a temporary advantage (AP loss) or inflict a more permanent penalty?

IMO, 10 AP is not a tradeoff. You'd take the 10.

> Incorrect. I am streamlining an existing mechanic (penalties at various
> levels of AP loss)

That's not the existing mechanic.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>