Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: charlescorrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:45:00 -0000

I don't wish to sound preachy but...

Why not use the system as it was designed? The actor describes what they are attempting to do and _then_ proposes how many AP to bid. The bid should relate to how risky their action appears to be. The narrator (and the rest of the group) can then debate how appropriate the bid seems to be in relation to the description.

With a bit of practice this becomes automatic (or at least it has in our group).

The only time we find that the bid is determined by rules is if we are close to driving an important opponent to defeat. We try to leave them with just 1 or 2 APs so we get two chances to drive them to a higher level of defeat ('cos once they are negative, there is just 1 further action against them).

regards,
Charles