Re: Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:05:57 +0000

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:12:04 -0000, "Graham, Andrew" <agraham_at_mitsuibabcock.com> wrote:

>I can see two other ways to deal with wounds that happen within the
>extended contest.
>
> One would be that when you reach the grievous wound level the wound
>applied is the same as if it had been a simple contest result but with
>major and complete successes inflicting an Injury.

The problem with this is that in contests between multiple-mastery semi-heroes, 15 AP just isn't much any more. In fact, if the roll was a Complete Success, that 15 AP was the result of only a 5 AP bid! This would certainly speed up a contest, but maybe too much.

>Secondly pass the -1 injury onto the follower of your opponent instead
>of the hero. As followers take injuries one level higher than heroes
>this would result in an injured follower. This would not affect the AP
>total unless the follower failed his relationship roll [Halved due to
>wound] and left the battle.

I like this idea, but I see complications. First, WHICH Follower do you Injure? If your opponent has lost a little AP already, and has two Followers, and you Injure one of them, do you Injure the one who has already lost some AP, or the one still contributing his full AP? Second, what happens if the Follower does not leave when Injured, and the Hero is defeated to Dazed level? Is the Follower dead or Injured? Third, this is no help at all against the main Hero...

Wulf