Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:44:32 -0000

> Presumably this means that initiates are always at a penalty
> when attempting any feat, but I can't find any reference as to
> what this penalty should be. -2? -5? -10? And that feats not in
> the description of the cult are even harder?

The way I read this, yes the initiate is ALWAYS at a penalty, but the size of the penalty is based on the GM's judgement of how far removed the proposal is from the affinity itself. So, a Humakt initiate could do most combat things - including duplicating devotee feats, IMO - at a penalty of only 1. But if they called their affinity to "dance on the enemies shields", the GM might rule thats really a movement type thingy, quite removed from the actual combat affinity, and apply a heavy penalty. This is on thew principle that the gM is trying not to say "no" to the players.