Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:26:25 -0000

I think if someone's got a Combat affinity with the feats 'swordhelp' and 'armourhelp', I can see no reason at all why he can't use both to enhance his combat ability in advance of a contest. Effectively he's casting Bladesharp and Protection before rushing into a fight.

>According to the errata at
>
>http://www.glorantha.com/hw/hw_errata.html
>
>the standard improvistional modifier is -3.
>
>Mark Mohrfield

Thanks for that, it realy needs to be stated clearly in the rules.

Bearing in mind the extra responsibilities on a Disciple, I'd be inclined to make the modifier a -5 for initiates.

Personaly I think it's completely back-arsewards. Improvised feats should be are at normal affinity ability (so initiates always roll on their Affinity ability for feats and enhancements), and devotees get a bonus when attempting the god's special feats. That way feats that obviously give you an enhancement are still good, because if you're a Devotee you can get a bigger enhancement from it.

Simon Hibbs