Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:34:46 -0000

> to enhance his combat ability in advance of a contest. Effectively
> he's casting Bladesharp and Protection before rushing into
> a fight.

I REALLY wish we could get away from comparisons with Runequest; they are both imaginary systems, and a rules implementation or interpretation should not be expected to carry over to a new set of rules, unless the new rules were explicitly intended to do so. Which, I understand, they were not. Whatever relationship may have existed between the characters and the spells in RQ may not be the same in HW. And for those of us with neither familiarity nor interest in the RQ rules, comparisons based on them are at best incomprehenisble, and at worst actively miselading.