Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:44:08 -0000

> I get the feeling that feats should be a much bigger deal than they
> appear to be at first glance. Certainly if feats only eliminate
> a measly -3 improv modifier (-15% in RQ terms) they're small
> potatoes indeed. I think a 5 pt bonus is the lest I would expect,
> over an improvisation.

I think their major value is colour. Two different combat augments are mechanically indistinguishable, but when actually performed, by a Lunar and an Orlanthi say, they will appear very different in the world. So I think they are much more there for, well, narative and descriptive purposes, than practical differences.