From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:35:58 GMT

Thom writes:
> MINIMUM BID EXTENDED CONTESTS
Nice idea.

> 1. The narrator declares a minimum bid for all actions.
>
> 2. Normally the minimum bid will be the starting AP total of the actor with
> the lowest AP total.

I'd suggest thus number - 1. Slightly mean to force this character to bid enough to take himself out of the contest (in any case, someone will likely do that for him!). You might also want to consider increasing this number mid-contest, if it's a group contest with lots and lots of participants, and the number of APs varies widely. (Upping the ante, to make another one of my occassional series of HW/poker comparisons.)

Not sure I'd bother with any of the remaining rules/options though: the minimum bid, and the note about how to describe, surely captures the essence.

Cheers,
Alex.