Re: Re: Weird Mastery Stuff

From: craig <yausujun_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:42:51 +1300

There is an easy solution my players discovered. Spend a HP and get your skill to 2W. Then everything is ok again.

Craig

> Anyway, being of a naturally mathematical/statistical bent, I
  noticed
> that there wasn't apparently much advantage in going from a target
> number of 20 to 1w.

  This was discussed at some length in the past (and even with just as   much maths, as I remember). The answer to your query is, yes, you're   right. The solution to the problem is, does it matter? I'd say there   are a lot more unrealistic situations (dreadful grammar...) created   by the rules than that one.

  Still, good start. Let's see how many more of the old topics you can   restart :-)

  Wulf