Re: Only an Initiate...

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:20:59 -0000

> My initial worry was "but won't this lead to discouraging
imaginative use
> of magic?", but on reflection, I don't think that's likely to be a
> problem: just as long as its made clear that one can still make
> flexible or "improvised" _use_ of a known Feat (at some smaller
penalty,
> perhaps) as opposed to this penalty inn cases where one doesn't know
> an appropriate Feat at all.

As a quick rule of thumb, I usually say it's a simple Improvisation (I use -5 instead of -3, but whatever) each time you change one word of the Feat. So 'Mile Axe Throw' is -5, 'Mile Arrow Shot' is -10. 'Leap Over Mud' and 'Run Over Water' are -5, but Walk On Water is - 10. Hmm... I seem to have a Vingan fixation...

It's crude, and packed full of exceptions (would I allow a Vingan Feat with a Bow & Arrows?), but it sounds easy.

Wulf