Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:39:48 -0000

> >3. Devotees get more flexible use of their magic than initiates,
> who can only use rote feats. This seems more sensible than letting
> initiates be flexible and only giving devotees the rote abilities.
>
> But devotees get the both the flexibility of initiates with
affinites
> and feats.

I'd go further, and say there IS no flexibility in Initiate use of an Affinity. An Initiate says "I augment with my Combat Affinity" (or Movement, or whatever). That's it. That's ALL he can do at full Rating. No special effects (except at the Narrator's description), no specific style or form. The Initiate can choose Bonus, Edge or AP loan, that's it.

Wulf