Re: Spending Hero Points

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:35:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Robin D. Laws wrote:

> >Could a player, for example, spend a Hero Point against his own character's
> >chance of success?
>
> I'd certainly allow it. An early rules draft noted that you
> could just automatically accept a lower level of success if
> desired, but I believe that passage was cut for space reasons.

I'm rather glad it didn't make it to the final version. Without it you can have those friendly duels that end in a mess. A overeager hero that wrestles the son of the clanleader is a bit too lucky and breaks his skull. Now this is the stuff Sagas are made of!

I would allow a hero point to ease the result of course...

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen