Re: Just Curious

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:33:25 +0000

Alex Ferguson wrote:
> A related question is how one should deal with abilities that "duplicate"
> those of known magical practices

Peter Larsen replied:
> If it is a secret, you might treat it as a secret that the
> character knows for some reason

> If the player wants Humakt's secret, on the other
> hand, the Grim God may have a much more dire fate in mind....

In that particular case, I'd rule that the ability (let us call it 'Death Glance') is just like any other. The rules use a Mystic Strike for Humakt's secret (and various other 'special rules' for secrets), but I would not use a Mystic Strike for a Death Glance ability. The player would find that their Death Glance was little better than Archery.