Re: Masteries Inflation (was Initiates & Devotees]

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:28:54 -0000

> Anyone care to speculate as to what appropriat Run Fast abilities
> should be pegged at? Just wondering what people think.

I think Julian pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'd say a horse's Run Fast should probably be in the range 10w to 15w. Many of the supernatural creatures are pretty wimpy too. An ogre is supposed to be supernaturaly strong, so agail I'd say a rating of 10w to 15w should be the starting point.

These numbers aren't unatainable for an experienced player character, which is in line with Hero Wars' epic/mythic atmosphere. Even a starting character, boosting their Run Fast of 5w with an apropriate magical ability has a chance against a horse even at these ratings. A Hero Point can shift the odds even more. As it stands though, even someone who takes Run Fast as a secondary ability has at least a 50/50 chance, even with no magic or other help.

I don't like criticising AR because I think it's a lovely piece of work, but there it is.

Simon Hibbs