(no subject)

From: aranwyth <aranwyth_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:36:09 -0000

Roderick and Ellen Robertson

>How many of you (as narrators) would allow a player to take an
>obviously non-natural ability for a starting character? For
>instance,>would you allow a starting character to have "Fly", "Spit
> Fire" or "Breathe Water"? (assuming that these are normal humans,
> not Windchildren, Dragons or Fish :-) ).
<snip>

Yes, assuming the character can come up with a good reason why they had them. I would not make them more expensive as it may may descend into using skills points. Starting at a lower level of 11 or 12 maybe an idea though. It would be case by case descion based on the ability they wanted. I am not sure if I would allow Fly.
 Spit Fire I would probably allow but the character would probably have problems as must people would view this as coming from a choatic source. Breathe Water I would not have problem with.