Re: Run, alynx, run!

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

Mark G:
> (if we assume that cultural keywords also
> start at 17, as I understand will be the case in HW2)

To go off on another tangent (which is sort of conceptually related to jinking yinkini, then), I can't say I much care for this. It would make much more sense for cultural keywords to start at a _lower_ level than stuff you trouble to actually mention on your character description. Isn't the concept that cultural keyword is "things everyone can do competently", as opposed to what you describe yourself as defining what makes _you_ different?

I know you can still of course use one of your "picks" to increase particular abilities, whether they are cultural or not, but that seems to be alarmingly like the bog-standard "point-based character design", and getting increasingly distant from the idea of the character being determined _by_ the description.