Re: Re: Run, alynx, run!

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

> >Indeed, certainly no messenger-shooting intended. It's good to know at
> >least I'm not the _only_ Crazy Fool who things this way. (Is this something
> >worth making a mild noise about, or is it a done deal?)
>
> Indeed, there appear to be a number of us who disapprove of the change.
> There seems little sense in all your keyword skills having the same rating,
> especially if using the list method.

Occupation and magic keyword don't bother me as much, though I think that it might be more logical to start them at the same level as every other, prior to your "picks". The cultural one seems wildly wrong though; I would prefer it had a _lower_ level than abilities you actually mention, so as there's some point in describing your ability in this area, without it necessarily being your "specialty". If I were going to make a change in what HW1 does, I'd say perhaps "everything mentioned on your sheet, and your occ. and magic keyword are at 17, and your cultural keyword is at 13". After all it's no hardship to 'duplicate' an ability in your description if you'd feel hard done thereby.

> (Am I the only one who finds it
> strange that the skills you are most notable for are also the weakest?)

How's that, now?

> Last I heard (for the little that's worth...) much of HW2 was still up for
> discussion, at least on the 'if lots of people complain, we might re-think'
> level.

Maybe a Poll would be in order?