Uz iz here

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:44:45 -0000

Got my Uz book in yesterday, haven't read it all, but looks good. Lots and lots and lots of magic stuff... The conversion of Trollish material to HW terminology seems to work well, and the non-rules parts of the book look good (but I concentrated on the keywords first). The standard font looks a bit thin though, and with the justified text it looks a bit solid for reading.

I did notice a couple of things. The Animist cults seem to use 2nd edition terminology, Traditions and Practices (although there seems to be no mention whatsoever of why, so anyone working purely from 1st edition may be a little puzzled), but there are still cult secrets using Mystic Strike rules. So a mix of 1st and 2nd edition rules.

There's also a minor point with ZZ - all three of his Affinities are noted as Berserk magic, but they include rituals. Can you have a berserk ritual? Sounds bloody dangerous (bid half AP or more every time, etc.).

Wulf