TEAR DOWN WHITEWALL!

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:21:22 -0600

TEAR DOWN WHITEWALL!
A Lunar song of the Siege

In defiance of decree Broyan stands in treachery, His misguided subjects stricken in their bloom, He would spurn Rufelza's grace in the folly of his race, And would bring upon his children's children doom.

CHORUS
"Tear down Whitewall!" cries the Goddess;
"Tear down Whitewall!" cry we all.

On her snowy ramparts high
We will crimson banners fly;
On that day the storm will die, when Whitewall falls.

Who would gen'rous mercy spurn for which all creation yearns, And with friendship offered pay us back with hate? Though our Goddess patient be, and with bounty she is free, With betrayal is her rightful vengeance earned. Chorus

Girt around with cruel foes, our belov'd Rufelza rose Watching o'er the ones who loved her far and near, Of the millions true and brave who their lives and fortunes gave, In defense of Lunar homelands ever dear. Chorus

Sartar's upstarts we endured, peace and friendship they abjured, Kallyr's sword-point ever pressed against our throat, Till at last we cried "Enough!", and we called their craven bluff, And our stern and solemn Goddess thus we quote: Chorus

 Never till the latest day shall the memory pass away,  Of the gallant lives thus given for our lands;  But on the cause must go, amidst joy and weal and woe,  Till we crush all insurrection where it stands. Chorus

Lyrics: Guy hoyle
Tune: "Tramp Tramp Tramp (The Boys Are Marching)", "Jesus Loves the Little Children"

Guy Hoyle (ghoyle1_at_...)
"I used to think, "Mind control satellites? No way!' But now, I can't remember what we did without 'em."