Re: Re: Clan Questionnaire

From: Mikael Raaterova <mikael.raaterova_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:56:03 +0100

>It did make me think, though. How much history does your typical
>Glorantha hero know? My family has no legends going farther back than
>about 200 years, and much of that information is suspect. Of our Scottish
>ancestors' struggle with the English we have nothing. Of our old culture,
>we have only silly (but fun!) reconstructed highland games in Red Springs
>and Grandfather Mountain (North Carolina, USA). Perhaps some personality
>traits have been passed down, but I have my doubts there as well.

As i understand it, the questionnaire doesn't ask what actually happened back then. It asks what the clan believes today about what happened back then. If they say that they joined the EWF it says somethin about how they view dragons today. Hence, their beliefs about their ancient history mirror their contemporary attitudes. The questionnaire aims to clarify how the clan functions today.