Re: Dara Happan Solution

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:13:17 EST

In a message dated 29/01/02 14:54:31, you write:

<< I'm stumped; the only avenue left to explore would be some sort of  variant 1st mastery bumps up, next one bumps down mess that would be  unplayable even if it happened to be statistically viable. >>

if you get rid of the pseudo-base 20 number notation, using base 10 instead, you can do away with the Wtag, use straight arabic numeral and, in addition, use 1D12-1 for contest resolution, with zero as a critical, and 11 as a fumble. Changes the ratio of Hero Points to Ability ratings, (but you could always increase the cost of ability increases).

I think Alex Ferguson suggested this idea.

Keith