Re: "scripting" contests

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:30:09 -0000

> But it isn't reality, and, unless you massively overbalance the
> opposition, it's damned difficult to get killed in HW. Like I said,

Exactly so. Thus, if I arrange for a dramatic death scene for a villain, frex, I am doing so on the basis that a) its not reality and b) my audience likes recurring characters (i.e. their own). Knowing this, I have every reason to anticipate the demise of my villain; why therefore should I not spend some time thinking about and planning for the manner of their death?

> been determined by the action of the players, and the dice. Do not
> just decide beforehand what's necessary to the plot, then carry out
> the plan regardless.

Well, I think thats an overly dramatic exaggeration of the point.