Re: Augmentation again

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:11:54 -0000

While it's useful. A combat augment lasts for the combat, a climb augment lasts for the current cliff, a leap augment lasts for one leap, a navigation augment lasts a whole journey. As soon as the condition which was being augmented goes away, so does the augment.

> 2.Why do you have an +1 to the target number,but an edge of +2 to
the APīs ?Shouldnt that be +1 to both categories...i dont see the logic...Doesnt that make the edge better than the bonus ??

Edges are just not as useful though. And edge is only effective IF you hit. A bonus helps you hit in the first place, AND may make that hit more effective (improving a success to a crit, for instance). Likewise, when applied before the contest, edge only helps IF you succeed, while a bonus helps your success AND adds to AP.

> 3.Shouldnt there be some kind of automatic bonus when
augmenting"Fighing with fist"with such stuff as "Strength"or something like this?It has kind of the effect a damage bonus in RQ has,doesnt it ?

There is no rule on this, but in our group we allow this, one 'free' augment from a 'stat-like' mundane Ability.

> If there was a houserule to automatic boni,can someone repeat it
for me or tell me the thread where i can read it ?
> (like +1 per 5points of skill or something like that)

Barbarian Adventures lists 'default' bonuses for most of the stats, and I think it says +1 bonus (or +2 edge) per full 10 points of Ability (round down). We have used that for some time, except you have to roll the Ability - a natural 1 doubles the effect, a natural 20 gives you the negative. We do not give penalties just for failing.

> thanx and peace

Thanks and WAR! (Upon trolls, this coming Saturday)

Wulf