Re: Augmentation again

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:58:35 -0000

I would think the increased resistance for duration would apply if you were preparing something before it was needed--for example, if you want to have flickering shield active all day while trecking through trollkin infested hills. Also, if you are invoking some effect that doesn't necissarily get used in a contest, like blessing the grain after planting.

Once you are in a contest, on the other hand, I think things would simply stay on. I just somehow don't see Orlanth sitting with a stop watch, going "times up, you can no longer emulate my combat abilities. if you want additional time, please deposit one prayer." Besides seeming mythologically inapropriate, it adds extra book keeping.