Re: Augmentation again

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:57:42 -0000

> We use +1 per full 8 points (no roll, just auto-augment) - that way
> you save the dice for important use, and +1/8 is, an average, a
> little less than what you'd get rolling and using a sensibel
> bidding strategy, but it has the virtue of speed and an assured
> advantage.

All very true. THe advantages of using 10 rather than 8 are (1) it's easier to divide by 10 than by 8 - each W gives you an extra +2, for example, so although the maths isn't tricky, it is easier at a glance to see the number of bonuses for 4W3 if you divide by 10 than by 8

and (2) It is consistant the way that Passion Spirits work