Re: Duration table

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:02:48 -0000

> Why not have a 'duration table' that, in the spirit of the other
> contest rules, cuts out a pretence of simulation and goes straight
> for what is dramatically important? Hence my suggestion: measuring
> duration by the number of
> contests or number of episodes.

I'm sure that would work very well for some campaigns, but as with so many things in Hero Wars, a solution that suits some games will not suit others.

I'm running a game with Imperial characters. Already the difference between the Lunar cult followers and Solars has realy brought the effects of the magical cycles of Glorantha into sharp focus. I'd like to expand on that. I think I will use the duration table, but with some presonalisations. For example, lunar cultists that cast magic with a 1 week duration on the same day as a Solar worshiper might get a slightly different duration, depending on the current phase of the moon, or whther it's Fireday. (I realy need to look up the Solar calendar, in Elder Secrets I think?)

I'm using a calendar for the game because one of the characters is a missionary priest and I want the rituals and cycles of the calendar to be a part of the game.

Si