Augments

From: Richard, Jeff <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:44:34 -0800

David and Greg:
>>To an extent, if you use 10, it doesn't matter what you pick to
>>augment, because you almost always get +1. If you use 8, then there
>>are more choices available (or at least more creativity required as
>>you figure out how to justify your skill that's 17 rather than one
>>that's 13).
>I myself have debated using 8, and the only real reason is that it's
>"harder to divide by 8 than 5."
>That seems pretty flimsy, and the 2nd ed may well have 8 in the end.

As the GM in the game David is referring to, I prefer 8 - for precisely the reasons given: it allows more creativity for player augments. Personally, I think that trumps any convenience a base 10 system might have - and, unlike David (or probably many other gamers), I am not terribly mathmatically inclined.

Jeff