Re: Re: Augmentation again

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:58:54 +0000

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:43:33 -0500, Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com> wrote:

>I have no problem with a Vingan devotee (of the Defender Storm subcult, see
>the Storm tribe description) using their Piercing Shriek feat as a ranged

True, I was thinking of my own character (who did just this on Saturday).

>Would the generic Vingan 'Fight Against Uz' feat work the same way? I'd
>say there has to be at least a small penalty.

Quite a big one, I'd say, unless they had some specific other noise-making ability. A trumpet might do, definitely a fiddle...

>Bevarans could use their 'Earsplitting Scream' in similar ways.

They didn't though, neither of them...

>What I wouldn't allow is a claim to have a general 'jamming' effect on
>Darksense in the area, unless at severe penalties.

Multiple Opponent penalties, certainly. Being sound, also penalties for the surrounding acoustics. Is there an 'Area Effect' penalty?

>Can Vingans who aren't devotees take an ability with an equivalent effect?

I'd say yes, it's certainly less unusual than 'Fly' - we even know where this ability comes from, within the character's normal life.

Wulf