Re: worth of ranks

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:54:26 -0000

> I agree,that edges and ranks are more or less worthless and
underrated,maybe a doubling,like Wulf suggests,is a good idea-also,it would relate to the average RQ-weapon-damage.

On reflection, I now favour multiplying by 1.5 (round up). Therefore a Poleax gets Rank ^8, enough to cause a Hurt just by dropping it on you (no AP needed), enough to cause a Grievous Wound with just a little effort (7 AP needed). Even though AP do not just represent wounds, this also gives a better impression of the psychological differences - a properly wielded Poleax will give the wielder an advantage in reach, hitting power and area coverage. Of course, Armour Rank also rises.

Wulf