Re: Re: masteries [dead horse]

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:07:35 GMT

DD:
> (There are alternate proposals for dealing with the "drunken masters"
> problem, but all have various speed of play problems.)

It would be fair to say, I think, there are hatfuls of such fixes, many of which are "better" in the sense of the various problems complained about in (e.g.) this thread. But they'd very much as a group be _worse_ than the current rule as regards "speed play". (The mastery special case slowdown is, IMO, trivial, since at worse it slows down a "failure" to the same pace as a "success".) I feel I can testify to this, since I suggested a hatful of such during playtest, and had almost all of them shot down on precisely this objection.

Cheers,
Alex.