Detect Verbose Vulpine III.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 02:47:03 GMT

JK:
> Don't you go dissing those talking foxes!

I second this advice. In my personal experience, they'll just dis you back -- in spades!

> > In my game the wyter will only say "something magical is going on
> there,
> > and it's moving around."
> >
> > --------
> > Greg Stafford, greg_at_g...

[...]

> Wyter are, apparently, not the pancea that some think they are. This
> is good. I don't like an all-knowing, all-seeing eye. Makes intrigue
> and mysteries very hard to do.

Indeedy. OTOH, it depends on the magical identity and consciousness of the entity that forms the wyter. If by some tragi-comical chance, your wyter is comprised of a rabbit daimon (I won't even begin to speculate) then I'll bet it'll give you position, velocity, and the correct variant of The Greeting to use on it. ("Hello, I must be going...")

Cheers,
Alex.