Re: Re: masteries [dead horse]

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:39:34 +0000

Michael Schwartz wrote:
> I usually set starting APs at the hero's TN after Mastery
> subtraction, as it speeds contests immensely.

The problem with this is if someone joins the contest who lacks a level of mastery. They would begin the contest with negative APs.

> This requires a little more math but the Narrator can calculate all the

And it is the _Narrator_ who must do the arithmetic. Using the standard rules, the Narrator can ask each player for the APs of their character, which reduces the Narrator workload when it is highest.