Re: [hw-rules ]BA Ability Levels

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:26:05 -0000

> Not only this, but Ernalda's various magics to help people live
> through childhood will skew the figures further. War clans could

Well, ahem, there is ambiguity as to whether these magics actually change the statistical chance of death in childbirth or from wounds from those one would expect of a bronze-age society, or is the way the bronze-age society explains and understands its rather ineffective means of treatment. IOW, the infant mortality rate might be normal for such a RW culture AFTER Ernaldan magics are taken into account. This is unfortunately unclear.

But after all, doesn't all the cattle raidin', blood-feudin' and rival-tauntin' SOUND like a bunch of hormone-maddened teens? ;) Many historical/legendary heroes are quite young by our standards (eg Siegried, Cu Chulain), but our age of adulthood is very late by comparison to those societies.