Re: (unknown)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:53:49 +1300

Bryan Thexton wrote:

>If you were feeling generous, you might let affinity rating transer
>over to another affinity that has the same rune (thereby giving some
>rules usage out of the cool runes assigned to each affinity). Mind
>you, many gods have two or more affinities with one rune, so you
>would have to rule on that.

I think in such a case, the rune affinity can only be transferred directly.

For instance, if I was a stuttering Hu-Humakti (two death-rune affinities) that defected to Yanafal Tarnils (one death-rune affinity), then I could only transfer the ability from one death-rune affinity (normally this would be the higher ability, but a narrator could rule otherwise if the lower affinity was more appropriate).

For the reverse case (perhaps the Tarshite General Dostrum decides the Red Moon isn't going anywhere and converts to Humakt), then the ex-Yanafali would only be able to transfer his death-rune affinity to one of Humakt's death-rune affinities and start the other one from scratch.

--Peter Metcalfe