Re: [HeroWars] Augment to W4

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:47:47 +0000

I wrote:
> If you are ability rating A, your Followers have rating (A-8), each
> giving an automatic augment of (A-8)/10. If you have n Followers,
> your resulting rating is
> Ar = A + n(A-8)/10 = (1 + n/10)A - 8n/10

So, how many followers you would need to boost yourself to 5W4 ('Harrek') level?

n = 10(Ar - A)/(A-8)

Ar = 5W4 = 85

Your ability (A) Number of followers required(n) 5W=25, starting level 35
10W=30, clan level 25
10W2=50, tribe level 8

That is, a tribal champion (10W2) with many followers (n=8) could do it.

Is this so bad? A tribal champion is one of the strongest fighters you can find in Sartar. There are only two dozen of them. This calculation shows that a premier fighter of Sartar, fully backed up, can take on Harrek on EQUAL terms if he manages to separate Harrek from all his followers and magic items. That seems about right to me.