Re: Re: Ability advancement rate

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:24:42 +0000

smcginnessuk wrote:
> A Hero might invest in a mastery
> (did you notice the difference in the language use? _invest_ in a
> mastery gives it more value than buying it!!)

No it does not. Merely using one word instead of another does no such thing.
A mastery is valuable only to the degree that a mastery is useful (according to the rules). Merely attaching a higher cost to it does not make it valuable. Or would you like to buy this dirty coffee cup from me? I'll charge you 3000 pounds so it will be a valuable investment.

Anyway, you are proposing a solution to a problem that does not exist.