Re: Re: Ability advancement rate

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:15:27 +0000

>I've seen lots of suggested 'solutions' to the 'problem' of
>characters increasing 'too fast', but no statement of what this
>'problem' is and how fast is 'too fast'. I can't help thinking that
>many of the 'solutions' are proposed by people who have not actually
>had much experience of playing the game.

I've stated exactly that. Several times now. Anyway, to make it clear :

Too Fast : Where characters at the end of a reasonable campaign can eat Harrek for breakfast, and are thinking seriously of going after Orlanth.

Problem : see 'Too Fast'.

Characters after eighteen months pushing W3. Character after five years pushing what? W5? 6? 7 doesn't seem impossible.

Oh, and I've been playing weekly for eighteen months, running demos and tests since the synopsis appeared on glorantha.com...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson