Re: Ability advancement rate

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:04:32 -0000

> In the early stages of our campaign, we allowed use of the abilities
> of follower's in contests. For example, a whimpering Lhankor Mhy
with
> a bodyguard follower could use the Close Combat ability of the
> follower in a combat. We have decided that this was a mistake; we
now
> strictly enforce a rule that (for extended contests) follower
> abilities are useful only for increasing your AP totals.

Hold on, you are saying if your warrior is Injured, his healer follower isn't allowed to heal him? If your merchant is ambushed on his way to market, his bodyguard stands back and watches? That doesn't sound right (and it's contrary to the leader templates in BA) - and makes followers totally useless in Simple Contests.

Wulf