Re: Re: Ability advancement rate

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:05:39 +0000

wulfcorbett wrote:
> I like to think of it as a Warband campaign. We might join in the
> Hero Wars (although we're set before the Lunar Invasion to avoid
> being forced to choose), but as a Warband of warriors, not a Warband
> of Harreks.

Yes, the rules as they stand are set up for a particular type of campaign, but people (reasonably enough) also want to use them for other types of campaign. The only flexibility given is the initial starting power of the characters. This is not enough to cope with campaigns that have different real world lengths (measured in game sessions) or which will advance to different power levels.

I can imagine a group wanting to play a very long farmers' campaign, which would start at low power and increase in power only a little. I can imagine a group that met infrequently wanting to start at medium power and advance to high power very quickly. I think the rules could give this flexibility with very little change (I previously suggested a rule that would do this).