Re: Ability advancement rate

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:41:37 +0000

>Graham: don't player characters ever die in your game?
>
>If the same characters can go through dozens of sessions, many of them
>containing events that allow them to increase combat skills at the
>'related' rate
>
>and none of the characters ever die or get crippled
>
>then plainly some great destiny is protecting them.

Other than the Hero Wars rules? <grin>

I've had one death, one or two near deaths. Several followers dead. The problem is, what do you do then? Introducing a new character at starting levels will make him totally out-classed in scenarios that challenge the others. So I feel you have to let the new character have some bump ups.

And anyway, many of the high abilities (and games) are not combat based.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson