Ability advancement rate

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 02:25:45 +0000

 Graham Robinson said

>All the established characters in Glorantha of W3+ level get there by
>heroquesting, yet the rules allow players to get there by an easier
>route. It feels wrong. I want to slow character improvement, not stop
>it. But I want heroquesting for improvement to be an increasingly
>attractive option. I want players to go on quests to perfect their
>skills, not spend a hero point every week.

One could always require PC's to perform Heroquests in order to be able to improve skills over (say) 19w2 (and maybe again at every subsequent mastery level thereafter).

>I've reached the point where my characters are reaching heroic levels,
>but their advancement has not changed. Their skills can become god-
>like, but they need never do more than spend hero point after hero
>point. Play for ten years, you can match Orlanth, but never have been
>on a hero quest.

The other advantage to HQ-ing for your advances is that, at least in theory, they can increase much faster

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |